The Wadestown School Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is a parent driven organisation with charitable status. By having a child at Wadestown School you automatically become a member.
The 2023 PTA team are as follows:
PTA Chair: Michelle Crutchley
PTA Secretary: Danielle Davin
PTA Treasurer: Matthew Gan
PTA Lead Class Coordinator: Heidi Louden
The PTA’s roles are:
* Helping the school to function as a community
* Being an important link between the parents and the school
* Organising fun social events
* Fundraising for special projects
* Helping to host special occasions
* Organising assistance from parents for specific activities and rosters
PTA bank account number
For all payments to the PTA
12 3140 0348889 00
What does the PTA do
* Arrange the classroom coordinators who provide a link between parents
* Organise the school’s yearbook or Year 8 Leaver’s book
* Assist with organising the school’s working bee
* Provide afternoon and morning teas for the teachers at parent/teacher interviews and for the new parent information morning
* Arrange school events like the annual Spellathon or Mathathon
* Organise fun social events like the Beer Festival
* Organise School Fundraisers. For example: children’s art calendars or tea towels
PTA meetings are held approximately twice a term, usually in the evenings and our aim is for them to last no longer than 1 hour. Meeting time and venue is listed in the school calendar and school newsletters.
Meetings are open to everyone and your input is always welcome. They are a great opportunity to hear what is happening at school and to meet other parents. If you come to meetings it doesn’t mean you will be given a job.
There is a small committee which consists of a Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer and Classroom Coordinator organiser.
Classroom Co-ordinators’ Role
* Welcome new families to the school
* Provide a source of general information about school (e.g. parking at both sites)
* Organise events for parents and/or families to meet and catch-up
Current Class Co-ordinators:
Years 7-8 (Rooms 13, 16 & 17) Vera Berridge and Laura Lōpez