Wadestown School Education Review Office Report Feb 2010
Focus Area - Strategies that support teaching and learning
Areas of good performance (strengths)
- Student Engagement - Students engage with learning through a variety of purposeful experiences.
- Learning environment - Inclusive, affirming relationships among students and with their teachers are evident school wide.
- Assessment - Teachers effectively use a range of assessments to plan for teaching and learning.v
- Expectations for teachers - Clear expectations for gathering and reporting student assessment assist teachers to plan appropriate learning programmes.
- Home and school partnerships - Constructive partnerships between parents and staff focus on improving outcomes for students.
- Leadership - Recent innovations by managers provide effective guidance for the development of a collaborative professional culture.
- Self review - The board is clearly focused on self review to improve student achievement.
Area for improvement (area for development and review)
- Teaching practice - Models of effective student-centred teaching are evident. However, further development of teaching strategies to support this approach should raise consistency across all classes.
The recommendation from the Education Review Office for further development
“The board and leadership team continue to improve teaching practices across the school that focus on developing student’s strengths and abilities.”
For a more detailed account of these comments please log on to
www.ero.govt.nz and search Wadestown School